Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas!!!

Our dining room has looked a little like this for the past couple of weeks
Fabric, scraps, tape measures, more fabric, and a little chaos. I have made 4 growth charts, 5 My Body Books, 3 Family books, 2 sets of stacking rings, an advent calendar and a purse (both for our own use and my Etsy shop). So, it has been a little crazy with my Sesame Street and naptime sewing, and Daddy's crazy school schedule (concerts and final exams, oh my!).


But, Nathan finished his finals yesterday, I finished sewing my last order, and now we are starting to spread a little Christmas cheer throughout our home!

Now that H is a little more aware of what is going on than he was last Christmas, I thought it would be fun to have a little Advent Calendar - something simple, but something I could see us having around the next few years. I mostly followed the inspiration here and it came together fairly quickly, and since I only used fabric and supplies that I had already - it was VERY inexpensive!

When I hung it on the wall, H walked up and said "Cute!" He likes going to the "aben" calendar after breakfast every day, counting the pockets we have already emptied and "pull, pull, pull"-ing out the ornaments. He also likes to tell me to hang the ornament "he-here."


This is the first time since N and I have been married that we have hung stockings. I made N's for him before we were married, and made myself a matching one last spring. H's was the stocking that was mine when I was growing up. Before that, it was my Daddy's when he was growing up - H is now the third generation to use it! I took off the lace ruffle and covered up the super-glued on J with an H. Who knows, maybe one of his children will use it one day!


A little nativity decoration. I'd seen these around blog-land last year and finally got around to making one.


Today we went out to pick out a tree! H was happy as can be to splash in the puddles while N and I debated which kind of tree to take home.


There's a tree in the house!!! He and Leonard enjoyed inspecting it.


He was very interested in all of the ornaments


And in Mama's slippers...


We might have to watch him around the tree. We are going to finish decorating it after he's asleep tonight.

2 comments:

  1. He is SO CUTE!!! I can't believe how fast your little man is growing up. And I heart your advent calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little man! O adores our tree, but is a purist - no ornaments. He puts his favorite things in/ under it.

    ReplyDelete

Followers