Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Years!



 After our traditional New Years supper of Chinese food (shiny food), we had a fun little fireworks show with the neighborhood kids. A bonfire to keep everyone warm, and plenty of sparklers for the kids!  A good way to celebrate the end of the year and the coming of the new year!


 
 After we got home and toasty in pjs, we had some fun with the "fishy poppers" that Pop gave us for Christmas!  We had fun with them, and Tatum had fun chasing the foam balls as they popped out.  



 On New Years morning, we bundled up and headed over to Black Bayou.  The boys love Black Bayou, and I do too!  Beautiful scenery, wildlife, being outdoors, perfect start to the New Year!
 H had to have his map to follow.  He kept "locating" where we were on the map and telling us which way to go.  Once we got on the boardwalk, C kept noticing the little spots of water and saying "nudder pool!" (another pool!)


We spotted a white heron, H is still holding on to his map, and I love C's crossed feet.


 We sat on every bench, looked through every "spy glass" (telescope), and read every sign. (Somewhere along the way, C decided it was necessary to spit in the water/grass under each sign that I read.  Not sure where that came from, but I guess boys will be boys.)


 Performing in the amphitheater.  H sings "If your happy and you know it" every single time, C is into "School bus go round round" (Wheels on the bus), and I was met with much laughter at my rendition of "Deck the Halls."


After naps, we made and decorated some Ninjabread Men that Pop, SweetHart and KK sent us.  H and I made and cooked the cookies while C was napping, and we decorated once C was awake.  Somehow my guys didn't turn out as cute as the ones on the box.  Piping/icing cookies must not be where my talents lie.... We had fun decorating and eating them anyway!

Happy New Year!
 

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you too. I almost feel like I spent the Eve and Day with you. You ring in the new year with style.

    ReplyDelete

Followers