Thursday, August 28, 2014

Back to school

 (This was one year ago)

(This was one week ago)
 I can't believe summer is over!  It was great, and we had a lot of fun, and enjoyed sleeping a little later, wearing our pjs all morning, swimming, playing, staying up later, and more!  But, I also have to say I think we were all a little ready to go back to school!  The last few days of summer were a little rough!  I think those last few days the boys were in trouble more than they had been all summer long, and my patience was running thin! 

 C, my baby, is officially in PreK 3, and he is loving it! 


(One year ago)


(One week ago)
 Because kindergarten doesn't start until a little later, H went back to his old school for a few days, and got to hang out with the big kids.


 Of course I got called on the first official day of school, that C had a high fever.  So, we spent the second day of school at the doctor (turns out he had strep throat).


 H had to come for his kindergarten testing during school one day, so he did his testing and then colored in my classroom while I finished up teaching for the day.
(A little bit of bragging here: the school where I teach is an academic magnet school, so kids have to be tested before they can attend  - they have to have a certain IQ or something.  There were 175 upcoming kindergartners who were tested, and only 40 spots. Teachers kids are not given any special treatment here.  And H got in!  I am proud of this smart boy!)


First day of Kindergarten!  
Such a big step!  I hate to see him grow up so fast, but he is so ready to be a kindergartner!  He is attending the school where I teach at, so it is very hard not to go spy on him every time I have a free minute, but I will get to eat lunch with him and teach his class music.  

1 comment:

  1. Yay yay yay! So glad he got into your school....a little spying never hurt anyone, right?

    ReplyDelete

Followers