Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Summer snapshots

H is taking the library Summer Reading Challenge very seriously!
He has been reading a lot!
He is already up to 80 points!  
(C has about 35, and I have 18...) 


 One sort of fun thing we've started is a weekly Rainbow Supper.
The boys help me shop for ingredients that are each color of the rainbow, and then help me prepare the supper.  It was so tasty and colorful! Cherry tomatoes, carrots, yellow squash, green beans, and purple cabbage (we couldn't find a blue...), rice noodles, soy sauce, and ground pork.  
Then we made sugar cookies with LOTS of rainbow sprinkles.  I think I will only eat rainbow food from now on!


 Trying on clothes with kids...always an adventure.  The mirror kept them quite occupied!


 H had a book with directions to make "A Tasty Bug."  He's been wanting to make it for a long time now, but it was never quite the right time.  He loved making and eating them.  I'm thinking I need to get a good kids cookbook.



 Sending KK a little package.  Sweet boys!



 This is one of my favorite doodles that me and the boys have done together.  The first week of summer it rained a lot and we did a lot of chalk drawing on the wet ground. (or in swimsuits while it was raining.)



And lots of swimming and playing with the hose.  

I think we are going to like summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers