Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A little refashion

From our bedroom window I could see that someone put out a small piece of pink furniture earlier this week. H and I took a walk and checked it out, then took Nathan to see and came home with this:



I decided with a little work it could become more boy friendly and look a little loved - not so worn. And, since the couch was free, I decided to make it as low cost as possible - I used a fun fabric that wouldn't show wear and tear, and something that was not so lovely that I would hate for it to look too worn.

I set out to take it apart (700 staples later...) and recover it. Although H was a little sad to see the 'girls' (Cinderella, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty) go....

But, this is what we came up with:
A little loud, slightly gaudy, but FUN! Something I won't worry about getting dirty, and in 3 years when I might have another excess of child friendly upholstery fabric, I won't feel bad about covering it again!



And, the star was happy with it!




H found these glasses in the bottom drawer of his dresser. It made me think of the first time he wore them!

2 comments:

Followers