Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I made something!

Nothing glamorous, technically difficult or particularly pretty...
I just feel very accomplished that I made something other than supper. I think it took me about 4 months at the very least before I was sewing anything after H was born.
So, I thought I'd share!

A freezer bag for all the milk I've been making (I won't post a picture of that!).
An appropriate fabric choice, I think. It won't get mistaken for anything else and it has an elastic opening so you can easily slip the milk bags in once they are frozen.


Swaddling blankets for this boy who likes to be swaddled! Just squares of muslin with a little bit of decorative stitching around the edges. Nothing fancy, but he seems to approve. Since discovering that he only likes to be swaddled in blankets, not the swaddlers, I realized that I needed some lightweight (not flannel) blankets appropriate for summer.


And a little fabric envelope for some neat flash cards that GrandMissy gave H. Something to keep them together, and easy for little hands to open and close.



So, nothing fancy, and all very practical. I just thought I should document the fact that I actually made something. It feels good to be creating a little bit again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers