Tuesday, August 2, 2016

A week of music

We all got to participate in Music Camp this summer.  
It was a Kodaly method camp.  The boys both participated in their age group, and I helped with C's class (and took lots of notes and stole lots of ideas!)  We all had a great week and learned so much!

 C was with the younger kids with Mrs. Jo, a wonderful and energetic lady.


 H was with the bigger kids and learned a lot and also got to have fun with Mrs. Jo.


 After music camp, our library had a great drummer called Lady Chops.  She was wonderful!  
Such a great program and skill.  She had been a street performer in New York and performed in STOMP for several years.  The kids were all enthralled and excited.  
 She gave them all a chance to participate and show off. 
C decided then and there that he wants to be a drummer when he grows up.


 Music camp had a Dance Friday night.  The kids had learned dances at music camp and they taught us some that night.  Barn dances, renaissance dances, and more!  All ages participated and had a great time. I hope they will have more of these dances.


 We ended the week with a concert on Saturday with all of the songs they learned that week.  
So proud of my little performers.  We all learned so much that week!


 After music camp it was time to start getting my classroom ready for the new school year!  The PTO offered to pay for new paint for our school.  I love yellow, and the boys and I picked the paint out and then they helped me paint the bottom half of the walls.  It really brightened up the room! They were a great help! 
(We were all a little yellow by the time we finished!)


I saw this cute fish made out of records at the dance.  I'd like to make one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers