Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Grands and great-grands

Tonight we had the grand's for supper. H enjoyed seeing them and showed off all of his new tricks for them - jumping and grabbing things. After supper, they watched him while I took a shower!!!! Normally N and I tag-team that kind of thing, but I have been waiting till H is asleep, getting him situated in a bouncy seat/swing/bumbo/etc and then taking a quick and drafty shower before he starts to cry, so tonight it was so nice to close the door and not worry about or listen for the little guy. What a luxury...

H with Grandpa Harry

Signing sidenote: We are using signs for milk, diaper change, pacifier, sleep, Mama, Daddy, etc... and he seems to definitely recognize milk - when I first noticed he recognized it he would get a big smile on his face, and now if I sign it, he turns his head to put whatever he can in his mouth.



Sitting with Nanny - H's great-grandmother. She has the best toys! Paper and magazines, and plastic bottles! He also loves to look at the pattern on her shirt and couch.


Sleeping wrapped up in SweetHart's blanket. The other night I was trying to get H to fall asleep and he was just fighting it and fighting it! Finally I went and got his blankie, put it by his face, and within a second he was out! I would like for him to have a lovey - I had the blanket that my Mama's mama - Mema made for me and loved it for many years, so I am hoping that by not giving him any other options that this will end up being his lovey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers