Monday, July 20, 2009

No, we have not fallen off the face of the earth...

We were in CA for two weeks visiting my parents, and then to AL to visit Nathan! SO, we now have a well travelled baby! And, I definately prefer flying with an infant over driving with one!
He did GREAT on the plane! Slept for about 90% of the flights, laughed at/with the seat partners for the other 10% of the time. The only iffy thing was nursing on the plane in close quarters, but I would say we were pretty successful (H got what he needed and I didn't flash anyone!). When we arrived he went right to my Mama like they were old friends - no adjustment time needed! It was great!
I will stop talking now and show some pictures!

Spending a little time with SweetHart.... She had some wonderful friends who let us use some of their grand-kids things - crib, play-mat, stroller, car seat, swing, bouncy seat, baby tub, etc... was all taken care of! We didn't need to worry about anything! I was so thankful for that!


This picture was too cute not to show! Getting his diaper changed on top of the dresser where my parents changed my diaper when I was a baby! Mama put a mirror on the wall and H loooved it! He rolled towards it every time and would smile at himself!


SweetHart tried out the Moby wrap with H while she was watering the flowers. H loves being outside - any time he cries, etc, we take him outside and he immediately stops crying, so he loved the 70ish degree weather and lack of humidity! We spent as much time out there as we could!


After supper, PopHart liked to get H to 'moonwalk.' It was funny, and H liked it!


H's first time at the pool! He was a little unsure of the situation, and kept looking at my Daddy like he was thinking 'will you stop these ladies???' He eventually calmed down and even seemed to like it a little. The next day when we went, he actually fell asleep while I was holding him in the water! The movement of the water either rocked him to sleep or he fell asleep because he wanted to block out the experience....


Daddy's and Grandfathers are good at making babies laugh!


We did a lot of rocking... in the chair that I was rocked in! Although my Daddy said that when he rocked us, we would put our toenails in his belly button. Thankfully H prefers this sleeping position.

Spending some time with AK (Aunt Karen). They had lots of good times playing and talking!


Many days of our visit, Mama and I walked around Osage park and talked a lot!
While the little guy did this:


At Peet's Cafe. He wanted some tea! There just aren't cafe's like this in Monroe, so I enjoyed making a few cafe visits.


At Union Square in SF. I needed to get my big city fix! H with SweetHart and PopHart.


In front of the Irish Bank - our favorite restaurant/pub in SF. We didn't order H a Guiness though - he was very disappointed! We had a very resourceful/inventive experience changing a stinky diaper in the pub bathroom that had no changing table and a very small triangular counter.....

Getting ready to go to the airport with a kiss from AK!

I was very glad to find that the airplanes have changing tables in their bathrooms!!!! I have ready about mothers changing diapers while their babies balance on their laps in the plane bathroom with turbulence... sounds like a bit of a nightmare! But, unfortunately we did not have to experience this!

So, from start to finish, we had a wonderful trip! SweetHart, PopHart, AK - we love and miss you, and can't wait to see you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers