Saturday, September 12, 2009

What's been going on around here?

Well, a lot of crafting.... I think I have a problem.... But, thankfully, Leonard has been around to help.
From L to R: Two dish-towels turned into a child's paint/coloring apron, Blue dish towel turned tote bag, two key fobs, music tote bag, green dish towel turned tote bag, halloween/fall tote.

A close up of the embellishments. I've been a little into yo-yo's lately.

A Waldorf inspired Star Baby

I realized that the reason I (and possibly other mothers) enjoy crafting so much is because you have a visual that you actually accomplished something. Otherwise, my days are soooo busy - taking care of home, husband, child, and cat, but at the end of the day I feel like I have nothing to show for it. (Although I guess a clean home, fed husband, and happy and thriving baby show a days worth of work...) But, if I sit down to sew/create something, in an hour, or a few days, I will have something that I can say "See? Look, I did something!!!!" So, those are my thoughts on crafting.

Yes, Nathan and I are officially fuddy-duddy's. Last night after putting H to bed, we sat, talking, watching a TV show about star formation while I was embroidering a bag. I mentioned this to N, and he said, "well, I like to learn!" Point in case. And then I proceded to go to sleep at 10pm. On a Friday night!!!!

H has been eating soooo well! He loves bananas, sweet potatoes, peas, pears, zucchini, apricots, squash, and he tolerates cauliflower. I think we will try green beans today.
Having some morning squash.
He makes it look soooo good!

I've joined the local MOMS club, and have enjoyed having a time to meet up with other mothers and just get out of the house, have H around other kids, etc... Once a month they have a Moms Night Out, and we went this Thursday. N turned into Super Dad and took H to the store with him, fed him, bathed him, and put him to sleep by the time I came home. It was nice to be out of the house sans baby for a little 'mom' time, knowing that H was in capable hands.

This is what I found when I came home.
H sleeping sweetly snuggled in his Daddy's arms...

...and Leonard snuggled sweetly under H's play blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers