Friday, November 20, 2009

A new craft.... (do I have a crafting problem?)

Teeth!


I love the sweet style and look of Waldorf dolls, and I had made a simple star baby in the Waldorf style a few months ago, and was a little wary of trying to make a full doll. But, after finishing making all of the gear for an upcoming festival, I decided to jump right in! They are not as difficult as I thought, though there is a lot of manipulating that takes place, and a certain amount of letting the doll be what it will be. So, after all of that and a few sore fingers later (there is a lot of hand stitching involved) I ended up with these two little boys! I think they turned out pretty cute! I learned a few new techniques too!



Don't you wish you had hair like this???


Next task is to make some cute clothes to cover them! I was tempted to call title this post "Faux-Dorf's" because they use all synthetic materials instead of the natural wool/bamboo/cotton that they are supposed to be made with. Nathan wouldn't let me do that though.... I thought it was clever though!


A little cuteness to leave you with:


Our laundry machine is out back behind our house, I was in the shower and N was going to go get the fluff (cloth diapers) from the dryer. He came in and showed me this!!! It was so cute that I made him take a picture. Aren't you glad?






4 comments:

  1. So cute!! I need to place an order for one so Ollie will have a "baby" to practice on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pop says H looks like he likes riding in the fluff-mobile.
    I like your dolls! Great shaping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE their little noses and their little booties! SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first step in admitting you have a crafting problem is acceptance...then you just go full force into it and dont look back!

    LOVE dolls and baby face cuteness! :) My Harrison says hey :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers