Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sewing for baby brother

I was recently looking through some of H's old things from when he was a baby and realized that a few changes/revisions needed to be made/remade!



Some new pacifier clips - H's old ones looked a little grungy, and like there was some baby food that would never come off, so I made a few new ones for this little guy.



A ring sling - I used a mei-tei, moby and pouch sling for H. I was able to use both the mei-tei and moby when he was still tiny, but they were so cumbersome to put on. The pouch sling was great for when he gained some head control. From what I've seen, the ring slings are great for tiny babies and are not as cumbersome (don't have as much extra fabric) as the mei-tei and moby, so I sewed one up and will give it a try!



A new diaper bag for H - I realized that little brother will be using H's bigger diaper bag when he is born, and now all H really needs is a diaper or two, wipes, wet bag and a change of clothes. There is also enough room for a sippy cup and bag/cup of goldfish. So I made him a little backpack (just like his travel bag) but added two simple pockets on the inside. It will be nice to have a smaller bag for H's things.



A set of blocks for baby brother. I know he won't be playing with these anytime soon, but I had made a set for H a long time ago and thought that this baby should have his own set. (H's set has two R's so he can spell his name - this one will work just right for this baby). I just wanted him to have something of his own.


Burp cloths - some of H's old burp cloths had his initial on them, so I needed to change the initial for the new baby. While I was at it, I made a couple of new ones. I love this flannel!




A little video of H counting. He can count pretty well normally, but lately he has been skipping 4 and 6. Tonight he was counting the pegs on a lego block. And, when asked "how old are you?" he has been responding with "free (3)." But tonight he first said 3 and then changed it to 5.... (it is hard to hear over the music and rustling of blocks) He is keeping us on our toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers