Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hand me downs - freecycling


I have developed a new appreciation for hand-me-downs and "freecycled" items since being married, and especially since becoming a mother. When I was younger, I really liked new things, store bought things, I liked being the only one to use something. Shortly after H was born, Mama's (SweetHart's) good friend Judy started asking us if we wanted some of her daughters' children's clothing. We said yes! So, from about 9 months old, H has been wearing about 93% of clothing from Judy. They are in great condition, cute, and perfect for our busy little guy. I've only had to purchase a small amount of clothes to supplement - something for a specific occasion, shoes, etc. We have been so thankful for these, especially since little ones go through clothes so quickly, and now, since we will be having another little boy, these clothes will be used once again!
Snack time! Graham crackers and sunshine!


Being a boy and finding who-knows-what by the road



One of the cute outfits from Judy


"tapiwer" (Caterpillar)


Mama....



I know I mention from time to time the great things (toys and such) that we find at Goodwill - great quality toys and other things that just need to be cleaned off, and a couple things that we have found in our neighborhood (H's couch, a couple unused baskets - that people leave sitting by the side of the road). A few months ago, we saw this cute little old fashioned desk and asked the people if they were getting rid of it, and they said "take it!" So, we did! It is still sitting out in the garage, but eventually I plan on cleaning it off and let H start using it for art/homework, etc. But, for now, he likes to find the little paintbrushes that are in the garage and "paint" the desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers