Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bon bon bon rouler!


Happy Mardi Gras!

One of the local churches has a Mardi Gras parade and pancake supper every year, and we went again this year.  Last year it rained, so they moved the parade into the church, but this year we did a little parade around the town square and threw beads and candy to all of the by standers.  I carried C and H walked with Daddy.



H spent most of the parade like this.  
At first we thought he was just interested in someone behind us


 but then we realized that he was very concerned by the man with the huge mask behind us!
I wonder what he was thinking about it.


Back at the church after the parade.  H was still worried about the masked man.  I think C was a little curious at this point too!


 I brought some baby food for C, but he really wanted pancakes and sausage!


Happy about his supper


 Mmmmm...beads
I couldn't resist making a couple of matching mardi gras jester shirts.  
There are little fleur de lis' on the back too. 


Laissez les bontemps rouler!
(Or bon bon bon roolay! as H says it.)


After we got back it was time for the boys to have a bath, H was in the middle of pulling his shirt off and left it stuck around his head and then started shaking his head around saying "I'm a jester, I'm a jester!"  He really is our little jester!


Bon bon bon rouler!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers