Friday, September 2, 2011

A few more wild things:






Guess who picked out his own clothes today?
And dressed himself (with very little help)?



I love the critters who come out in the fall here! I don't so much love the ones that come out in the spring/summer - they tend to bite or sting. But fall ones are just fun to look at!
An alive katydid. They make a horrendous noise if you get too close to them. It scares me every time I do!


And a stick bug! So cool!


Yesterday was one of those days - I felt great because we got everyone ready and went to the park with a great snack, and even went by Daddy's office for a quick visit. But then we came home and it was one of those potty training disaster days where H went through about 4 pair of undies in an hour, C was crying because he was hungry. then had a major diaper, all while I kept rushing H to the potty or changing table, and I was hungry, H was hungry and tired, C needed a nap too.... and then after H woke up, he woke up feeling very "TWO." Very trying, and he would be telling me what naughty thing he was doing while he was doing it, and I spent the whole day smelling like spit-up (and probably tee-tee).... It was a long day for Mama!

Then, last night, he randomly came up to me, hugged my leg and said "I wuv you!" And later when I was putting his jammies on him, he was kissing all of my freckles "better." If that didn't help fix my opinion of the day (it did), C sleeping sweetly on my chest that night surely did!



So, just reminding myself (and whoever might need a reminder) that even on those days where it seems like one awful thing happens after the other, there will be those sweet little moments that make it all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers