Saturday, May 26, 2012

C's first birthday party

We can't believe this little guy is a year old!!!!  He started walking and giving kisses this weekend, and is a lot of fun.  It is hard to believe that this time last year we were preparing for a baby, and now he is a walking, babbling (not so much talking yet), laughing,sweet little boy!

 


 
 Pawpaw and GrandMissy also came to join us for the celebration!  
The boys are always happy to see them!  We are too!

Happy Birthday to you!
C liked the attention.  It was just a small party with family and a couple of neighbors, but that is all this little guy needs!


Mmmmm....
It was the same pound cake with bananas and cream cheese frosting that I made for H's first birthday.  It was a hit!  C didn't know what to do with the cupcake I made for him, but once I tore off some small pieces he got the idea!  
(H thought it was very exciting to have all of the people come by and bring brother presents, but at one point H came and snuggled with me and quietly asked "When is it my birthday?"  It's a hard lesson to learn...)


My baby!


I think his favorite toy was this simple ball!  He liked to roll it and throw it.  All boy!


Presents!  I think he would have been happy to carry his birthday cards around all day and to pull tissue paper out of bags all day... The gifts themselves were just an added bonus!


Happy Day, Happy Boy!

I think the extra sugar from his cupcake (that was his first 'sweet') gave him too much energy!  He should be napping by now, but I can still hear him talking and banging on the wall! I hope he can make it until bedtime...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers