Thursday, May 31, 2012

Blueberry picking

Yesterday, the local moms group, went to a blueberry farm to pick our own blueberries!  Our buddies from the neighborhood, Henry and Clara Hartwell, came too!  It was fun!  They gave the kids a little hay ride over to the blueberry bushes, and let us loose!



H loved the whole experience.  I had to keep reminding him to only pick the blue ones, not the green ones, and not to eat too many of them!


C was pretty entertained, too!  Everytime I would lean in to pick some blueberries, he would grab for a leaf or a blueberry.  He got a couple of leaves and a very green blueberry in his mouth before I noticed... I can't imagine they tasted too good.


They had some little birdhouses for the kids to paint after picking.  
They were very colorful....


On the hayride back to the cottage.  I wasn't sure if H would stay seated, but he did pretty good!


There they go!


They had blueberry muffins and blueberry lemonade waiting for us back at the store.  H loved the juice, and C loved the muffins.  What a great day!   I almost didn't go because it was very early (so we would miss the heat) and a little ways away, but we had a wonderful time!  We might even go back again! 

Now, I just need to figure out exactly what to do with a gallon of blueberries!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers