Thursday, May 10, 2012

Discoveries


Yesterday when I was opening up the curtains in the morning, I saw something big on the car port wall!  H and I went to investigate.  A huge moth was out there!  It has fuzzy antenae, furry muscular looking legs, and big wings - about a six inch wingspan.  I had H put his hand near it so I had a reference for the size of it, and as soon as he did that, the moth started expanding.  Then H sneezed and the moth flew to the ground and looked like this:

 
 He was showing off his "eyes."  You can't really see it in person, but the middle of the 'eyes' are shiny, and I imagine they would reflect a little and scare off predators.  The neighbor cat, Leon, decided to come by shortly after, and then the moth started sort of hopping and flapping his wings.  I think we made him nervous!  He made H a little nervous too!  Normally when we see a cool bug, H asks to put it in his bug box, but he didn't ask about this one!  


 We also discovered that C thinks it is hilarious if you say "ewww!"  Especially in a high pitched voice!  And then if you tickle him on top of that....he cracks up!  I caught a little bit of that this morning after a diaper change (that's where the "ew" came in!).  I love that laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers