Friday, February 8, 2013

Sick Day



 H woke up in the night with croup and had a low fever this morning, so he stayed home from school. Our morning activity was rubber-bands!  I didn't realize there were so many applications.  I am not quite sure exactly what we learned this morning, but we sure did some discovering! 

 
 My original thought was to sling them on the wall.  
But that pulling back without hurting yourself was a little tough.
H looks armed and dangerous!


 
 C thinks rubber-bands make great bracelets!


 It didn't take too long before they decided to fix my hair... I wasn't so crazy about that idea.


 C thought they should all go in his pockets!  It was entertaining to watch him try to get his little arms around his big belly and into his uncooperative pocket!


 Rubber-bands hook very well on noses too. 


We have a little lacing sheep that has disks.  Somehow H discovered that you can wad up a rubber-band in the hole and blow it out.  C cracked up whenever he would do it. 

What a fun morning!  I feel like I don't get the chance (or always have the energy) to do some of the activities I would like because we are busy with school, errands, housework, etc... So, I am quitting it all so we can stay home and play with rubber-bands and paint and discover and lay on the floor and tickle each other!  We don't have time for school and housework!  We have more important things to do!  

I guess that is not reality, but we sure did have a good time discovering the joys of rubber-bands on H's sick day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers