Thursday, May 14, 2009

First Mother's Day

It was my first Mother's Day on Sunday, and it was wonderful! It started at 3 am with a feeding, 5 am crying for the pacifier, 6 am with Leonard scooting things off the counter, and then again at 8:30 to feed and get ready for church.... But, then when we came home from Nanny's he slept for two hours straight, so we were able to take a nap too!



He gave me a wonderful pair of sandals for my mother's day gift, and wrote the sweetest card (via Daddy). It's hard to see in this picture, but his pacifier says "I love mommy." Very appropriate for Mother's Day. Motherhood is a wonderful calling in life.... when I was young, I remember saying that when I grew up I wanted to be a singer and a Mama - I have accomplished both, and I cannot imagine being happier doing anything else. Wonderful husband, wonderful baby, great jobs, great home, cat, etc.... I can't ask for anything else!



Play time with Nanny - we visit her on Sundays after church and she comes to see us on Thursday mornings. I used to get a hello from her when I saw her, but now the first words out of her mouth are "let me see my baby!" and from there I might as well not even be around - she and H talk and smile and talk some more! I am very thankful to have my grandmother here to spend time with her great-grandson!

3 comments:

  1. This is Bekah again... I just can't get over Harrison's /amazingly/ blue eyes!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those wonderful blue eyes come from his grandpa Harry. Daddy & Uncle Duane's aren't so bad either. Nor Cousin Dave's.

    :)

    Blue eyes RAWK.

    NATHAN! Check your emails, please. I need info., honey. Trying to make some plans. Can't wait to see Harrison in the flesh.

    --Nanny Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'll tell you what - Harrison is the most beautiful baby I've seen in a long time. Remember Sinatra? OLD BLUE EYES - well maybe he is the next "old blue eyes". I hope we get a chance to see him soon - I just can't wait to get my hands on him - cuddle, cuddle, cuddle!!!!
    Janie, he is adorable and we are so happy for you and Nathan. We are so proud of you both. What is the song "You Have the World on a String" - Yes. you do. Go girl!!!
    We send love, hugs and prayers.
    Adele and Charles

    ReplyDelete

Followers