Sunday, May 24, 2009

The latest

This is my favorite card that we received after H was born. It was from a dear family friend - Lynn Siliman. The card was homemade and says:
"Dear Nathan, Janie & Harrison
Congratulations! Harrison looks so gorgeous and healthy. I just want to cuddle him, rub his soft head and kiss his cheeks! You must be so happy and so tired. He was a big baby so I imagine he is always hungry. We are so happy for you!
Love, Bryant and Lynn"
Reading it makes me want to go wake up H and "cuddle him, rub his soft head and kiss his cheeks."


I am happy when he reaches his milestones..... but I was sort of hoping for a late walker so that he would not be into everything so soon. I would like to put off child-proofing until as late as possible. But, this boy is strong! He can already sit up in the Bumbo seat (for short periods of time), and likes to stand (with our support). It seems that walking may come sooner than I hoped....




We have also discovered that he thinks he is the cutest baby ever! He enjoys smiling, laughing and flirting with himself.



Bottle update: Today I got a new bottle to see if that would help matters, and finally after trying previously frozen milk, fresh milk, Daddy giving the bottle and Mama giving the bottle, I was able to get him to take it while walking with him outside. The birds and leaves were just enough distraction to get him to not put up a fight - but he only drank about an ounce and then refused more. You wait to give them the bottle so that breastfeeding is established, but then if you wait too long - they reject the bottle....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers