Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A little Silhouette love


A while ago I got a Silhouette machine - I had wanted a Cricut, but it seemed like after purchasing all of the separate cartridges, it would be a very costly investment. The silhouette can use all of the fonts that you have on your computer already as well as images, etc....

I have been enjoying a few projects with mine so far and have plenty more in the works!

Alphabet bean bags for H.
I had a ton of ovals of coordinating fabrics left over from shopping cart covers that I sold in my etsy shop. I had been holding on to them thinking it was a shame to just get rid of them...
I used the heat transfer material for this project (and used the 'negative' of the letters so I still have the actual letters left for another project). Each bean bag has the capital letter on one side and the lower case letter on the other.


Our cloth diaper pails - they were unlabeled before and we would occasionally find non-diaper things in them after company came. This way, there is no mistake (and I think it's sort of cute!)


Baking supplies. Nathan (and visitors) would find themselves searching through each container for the sugar, so - another problem solved!


The glass block nativity. They sell this shape in the silhouette download shop, too easy, sweet and holiday appropriate.



Our advent calendar.
I used the machine to cut out stencils for each number and then painted them on the pockets. I didn't feel like taking the time to hand stitch each number, and I like that these look neat.
All of the ornaments on our completed tree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers