Thursday, August 11, 2011

A little Silhouette-ing



I enjoyed doing a handful of crafts using the Silhouette today. A couple of months ago we had seen a little boy with a shirt on that said "Master of Disaster" and have been wanting to make a shirt that said that. So, I did! And then while I had the machine hooked up, I thought I might as well do a few other things as well.The shirt - made using a $1 clearance shirt from Walmart.
I cut out the words/truck using freezer paper, ironed it to the shirt and then painted it in.


We found a great wooden box with a lid on the roadside in our neighborhood that I thought would make a great toy box, so we grabbed it. I noticed later that it was actually an old bourbon box, and I didn't think that would be child appropriate, so I cut out words that said "Toys, time to play" and "Toys, make a mess!" and covered up the word "bourbon" with them. It helps our office look a lot neater!


I found a VTech VReader at Goodwill this week for $15! I thought it would be great for when I needed to nurse C out somewhere, and H could read a story and be occupied without me worrying that he would be tearing up the place! I thought it would be cute with his name on it.


Sprucing up the laundry room

I may have gotten a little out of control with these two, but who can complain about cuteness!
My iPod and nook reader.


So, I may have enjoyed myself a little too much today,
but they were all quick, easy, cute and fun projects!


A side note: I was realizing how much I rely on and am thankful for appliances. They definitely make life so much easier. You can do without them, but they streamline life nicely. When we visited Amish country, we saw them doing with out so many modern things that we take for granted - namely electricity, and then do just fine without it too!
When we were visiting Monroe, my grandmother told me about growing up without air conditioning, washers/dryers, anti-perspirants - and she grew up in the south! One story that I love is her telling about moving into her current house (about 60 years ago) and complaining to her mother-in-law, Mamaw, that the dishwasher was broken. Mamaw replied with "What? They didn't put a sink in????"
So, I am just being thankful for appliances today. I used the bread maker, microwave, crock pot, ice cream maker, Silhouette, washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, stove, refrigerator, breast pump, iron, sewing machine and the air conditioning today and am thankful for each and every one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers