Monday, April 2, 2012

Turtle

 The mail lady brought a package (our blog books!!! yay!!!) to the door and said that she thought there was a baby turtle in the driveway.  So of course we threw our shoes on and ran out to see!  It looked like a little rock, and we had just come in from outside, so we may have passed right over it.

 
 H was trying so hard to be patient and wait for it to come out of it's shell.
He tried to bring it sticks, grass, and pine needles to coax it out.  When he brought the stick to the turtle, he said "He wants to chew it.  Like this:" and started to chew on the stick.  Thanks for the demonstration!  


 
 "You see his head?"  
His patience was wearing out!


Finally!  He poked each foot out one at a time and then finally his head.  Cute little guy - so wise looking!  
I kept calling it a he, and H kept calling it a she... I wonder who is right?



C was oblivious to the whole thing.  
I was holding the turtle when he started to walk up my arm.  
H of course wanted the turtle to walk on his arm.  


C wanted to taste the turtle...



 Ooops!  Turtle fell!  It felt a little funny to have those tiny little claws crawling up H's arm, and I think it startled him.  He was okay though, thank goodness for tough shells!

 
 "Here, turtle, you want to go inside"
The egg looked about the right size.

Mama!  I want to take a picture of it!  Can I get my camera?  
(notice his shoes on the wrong feet....)
"Turtle"
by H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers