Saturday, September 27, 2014

Black Bayou

 Maps in tow, we were ready to check it out!  


 Traditional first bench picture.  C took it of me and H, I love the sun beams all over us.


 H noticed these tiny little worm type things on most of the signs.  Right now all worms/tiny caterpillars are "larvae" to him.  



It was a gorgeous day!


 Someone was watching us while we walked on the dock!  I'm glad it wasn't too big! We see all sorts of critters at Black Bayou.  Ants, bugs, spiders, birds, alligators, and more.  The only time anything has made me nervous there was when I heard a very loud and very deep "hiss" when we walked by a bushy spot near the water.  We moved very quickly past that part! 


 We found a little patch of the "Tickle me" fern.  The kind that closes up when you touch it.  I used to love to find it when I was young and would come visit Louisiana.  It still makes me happy to find some!


 C found a leaf with some pink fuzzy stuff on it.  
What is it, SweetHart?


 Taking a little rest on the porch after our walk.



 Cheese!



Cooling off in the "arbor Eatum" (As C says arboretum).

 I love my time with these two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers