Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Solstice

 We decided that the Winter Solstice needed to be celebrated in a big way this year!  We headed out to get some craft supplies and then came back home to spend a little time "basking" in the sun. 
We made some tiny embroidery hoop sunshines, painted star ornaments, made some little mason jar lanterns, and more!  It was so much fun!  (Even though I think I may have had a little bit more fun than the boys....)

 We made and decorated Gingerbread cookies that afternoon.  The boys had such fun decorating, and they were so tasty!  (I looked over while I was cleaning up and H was "drinking" the sprinkles!!!



We did a little exploring, and the boys just had to check out the sunny yellow tractor!  Who needs a playground when you have a tractor???


 We had to test out our mason jar lanterns that night to make sure they worked.  A fun little project involving sequins, colored tissue paper and led lantern lights.



 I brought home my projector from school, and we enjoyed movie nights with the movie projected big on the wall, and I blew up an air mattress for us to get cozy on.  The boys loved our "movie theater!"  (I did too!)




I found the boys fast asleep on several different nights with Santa hats on.  
It was too cute not to take a picture of! 
(I showed H the picture of himself sleeping, and now he thinks I should take his picture while he sleeps every night!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers