Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ouch!

Today we went to get H's two-month shots. After waiting for a long time, he had fallen asleep, and then it was our turn. He actually handled it a lot better than I thought he would. When he got the shot, he would cry/scream, then fall back asleep after the shock wore off. I will say though, he didn't cry as much as the 4 year olds there getting their shots!
I handled it better than I thought I would as well. I just had to look at his eyes, not his legs, when they gave him the shots. It's tough being a mama!


Then, to add insult to injury, the nurse gave him pink band-aids! The least she could do was give him blue or green, or even yellow! Poor baby...


a side note: The stray cat that lives near our house had kittens a little while back, and they have just come out of hiding (in the roof of the garage). They are cute! She is still nursing them and is very protective of them as well. It is strange to feel kinship with a cat!

2 comments:

  1. Mamas and Daddys unite! It's tough being a parent while your 'baby' hurts.
    We're proud of you both for getting over this hurdle with such grace, even though the band-aids were pink.
    Dad and I are cheering you and Nathan on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shots are the WORST. Very sad. Guess what? They gave Nolan pink band-aids the first time, too! I thought it was weird and a bit insulting, too. Next time we got Bugs Bunny- that was a little better. Also, word of warning: Nolan ran a pretty high fever the second time he got shots, but hardly any the first. I was heartbroken seeing my baby all feverish like that! =( Oh well, just one of those sad things you gotta go through as a Mama. The good things FAR outweigh the bad, though! =)

    ReplyDelete

Followers