Friday, August 28, 2009

"we should get the worms out..."

Me(2) and Karen(6) in '85


H is starting to sit up by himself, and with that will come some bumps on the head. Today he was sitting and just toppled completely over before I could catch him, and his forehead landed on the floor with a thud. He was crying and I was trying to comfort him, and it made me think of when I was younger and would get hurt or upset and Karen (my sister) would come and say with conviction that "we need to do surgery to get the worms out." So, surgery would be prepared for in all seriousness and eventually would turn tears into laughter as the worms were removed from the site.

H needed AK today, and, I think we all need someone (especially a big sister) who can "get the worms out!"

Me and Karen at my wedding '07

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers