Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sometimes you wonder...


Sometimes you wonder what is going on in their minds.
How they think of the things that they do...

The other day, I put H in his crib with a couple of books for a little quiet time (not nap time, just a little quiet) and went to take care of a couple of things. I heard him talking, and then fussing a little, then it was very quiet. I went back to check on him, and he had fallen asleep! I decided to get my camera and take a quick picture, and right as I snapped this picture, he flipped over and started laughing! So, I am not sure if he was pretending to be asleep, or if he really was asleep and just heard me when I got the camera ready... Whichever it was, it gave me a good laugh!


In the fireplace - makes a good stage?
You can't see it in the picture, but Leonard was back there with him too!


A few days ago I was washing my face and heard H walking back and forth behind me, and then when I was drying my face, I saw him come in the bathroom with a book, then he left and came back with a slipper. I looked in the tub and he had quite a collection going in there!



Bringing Daddy a drawer while he sleeps.


This was at a Mexican restaurant tonight, I'm not sure what the face is for. Tonight he had his first taste of salsa, and loved it! He also had his first taste of lime and had us laughing with the expressions he had on his face! He discovered that it got a good laugh, and kept tasting the lime and making more faces!



H has a little step stool in front of the mirror in the hallway. He likes to bring "props" and see how he looks with them; books, pacifiers, and more! Today his prop was his snack - an apple! He would take a bite, giggle, make a face, and repeat! I caught a little of it in a video.




I was talking with my Daddy about some of these happenings, and he said "don't you wonder what they are thinking?" When their actions don't make much sense, you wonder what the thoughts or motives are behind the actions. And then he went on to comment that once they can talk and tell you why they do some things, it still doesn't always make sense! But, it does keep us laughing!

1 comment:

  1. I can still hear that giggle and see that precious face smiling at me. Thank you Janie.
    Now I can go to bed and have sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete

Followers