Saturday, February 22, 2014

FIVE!!!!!!


 I cannot believe that H is five (5 5 5 5 5!!!!)  I can't fathom how five years in this sweet boys life have gone so quickly.  They have been some of the hardest but most rewarding years of my life, and I hope that he has had a great beginning to his little life! 

Because he goes to school about 20 minutes away from where we live, we decided to have his "party" at school.  He requested cupcakes with green "sparkles" (sprinkles) on it, Cheetos and grapes.  We brought snacks, favors for everyone, and I gave a little music lesson/activity (H wanted us to bring our basket of instruments, so we did and I gave a little lesson, the kids loved it.) H was so happy to share with his classmates, show his instruments, and pass out favor bags.  It happened to be on our last snow day that week, so it was good timing for me!

 On his actual birthday, we sang Happy Birthday and lit a candle at every meal.  He loved it every time.  After each time, C would say "its my birthday too!" 
H also said several times that day: "because it's my birthday, I want to...." For the most part, we would do whatever it was he wanted!
He got a new bike (it's time to phase out the balance bike.  He has the balancing part down pat, but the pedaling is a whole new concept that is going to take some time.), a small catapult building set, a new DVD, and a couple of other little things.


 We had a very small family party for him at Yellow Park.  He requested the same thing again!  Cupcakes with green sparkles, Cheetos and fruit.  


 Such a nice, peaceful little party at a place the boys love!  After singing Happy Birthday yet again, and eating our snacks, there was plenty of time to play!


Playing catch with PawPaw
 We did some swinging, exploring, climbing, sliding, digging, and more!
I think it is safe to say that H had a good birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers