Saturday, February 19, 2011

Birthday Crafting

I just couldn't help myself but make a few cute things for the birthday boy!
I added a little number 2 applique to a shirt to advertise his "two-ness". He is acting a little bit more two more often these days...asserting himself if he doesn't want to get in the car or go inside, answering 'no' to most questions - even when he goes ahead and does whatever we were asking anyway.


I saw the cutest pattern online for a bunny bowling set and couldn't resist making H one! And then I couldn't resist making a matching fabric basket and felt ball to go with it. They are cute little bunnies filled with stuffing and rice. They knock over fairly easily too. And, with floppy ears and cute little faces, what's not to like?


For the bowling set I made a needle felted ball. It has a little glass ball and lots of felt scraps as the center, to give it enough weight to knock over the bunny pins, but not too much weight or hardness that the ball could cause damage in the home.


I found the tutorial and easy to follow pattern at The Long Thread



I made little crayon caddy's for the birthday guests.
Quick and easy to make. Who doesn't love a personalized gift?



H can sing the ABC song and recognize most of the letters of the alphabet and can count to 20, but can't recognize the numbers, so I made him a little set of number magnets. These are made from tea tin lids (my sister works at a coffee shop and my Mama is an avid tea drinker, so they had an abundance of these perfect-for-crafting lids!) I just cut out circles of paper and used the Silhouette to cut out the numbers, then glued on magnets - I think I was finished with the whole project in about 10 minutes! I am thinking about doing another set with family members on them, and maybe even colors too! H has loved them, and counts up to 20 on all 10 of the magnets!



This was not for H, but I figured for his party, it would be best to take down the nativity silhouette on this glass cube (our last reminder of Christmas), so I put our family initial and the year N and I were married. Classy looking, and there are no more Christmas decorations anymore!

I love any excuse to make cute things!

1 comment:

  1. Okay. . .start selling, lady!! The bunny bowling set is so super cute. I have a set someone got one of my girls that cost a fortune and yours is much cuter and the personalized favors. . . to die for!! And I made your vegetable chowder the other night - 2 of 3 ate it. That is good stuff! Thank you for all your updates. :) Chara

    ReplyDelete

Followers