Monday, February 28, 2011

Later on crafts


I've recently begun to worry that after baby boy #2 arrives that I won't be crafting for awhile. So, I decided to go ahead and make a few crafts from my list for H. They are all for when H is a little older, but I thought it would be great to make them now and pull them out when he is older, or if he is needing something new after the new baby arrives.


I kept coming across this tutorial for a "silly faces" set. So simple to make and so much room for imagination. This would probably be for way down the road - I am not sure when H would be ready to make all sorts of different faces with it. It just consists of four pages with four different colored ovals and a pocket with a lot of various felt cutouts to make silly faces or designs. I used the tutorial and pattern from Chez Beeper Bebe.




A "Gone Fishing" set.
I roughly followed this tutorial on Holy Craft. There are little magnets in the fish and in the worm on the fishing pole. Inside there is a pond, and two pockets: one for the fish and one for the fishing pole. I thought this could be great for car rides or just at home.



A "Spinny Speller." H knows his letters, but is definately not spelling yet. I liked the idea of this as a simple tool for spelling and it uses simple consonant-vowel-consonant combinations. You can just spin the blocks around and discover all of the words it can make! I used the tutorial from Counting Coconuts, but instead of writing on the letters, I used my Silhouette to cut them out.
Pssst! I made an extra but we only need one....does anyone want the mini one?



And a little crafting for the Mama...

And a new face lift for my perpetual calendar. (The picture is a little dark, but the skinny blocks on the side have the days of the week on them and the ones on the bottom have the months.) It stays in the window ledge over my kitchen sink. After being a stay-at-home-mom for a little while I began to realize that my days were starting to blend together. After I made the first perpetual calendar, I found that it helps me to keep track of the days and feel like I am at least somewhat in touch with the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers